A fun and outrageous, high-energy, outdoor team race
that gets people working together to succeed.
Teams race around the world in this exciting and fast-paced program. Teams will solve clues that take them to exotic locations all around the world, without ever leaving the event site. At each location, teams tackle a fun, location-themed challenge as quickly as they can before moving on to their next mission. We’ve designed this event so that the winner is the team that finishes with the most points, which keeps everyone engaged right up until the exciting end.
- Solve problems and overcome challenges as a group.
- Practice communication skills, such as active listening and feedback.
- Appreciate and effectively utilize diverse skills sets.
- Have fun together, building morale and camaraderie.
Welcome & Warm-Ups (5-15 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome the participants and set expectations for the event, then lead some large-group activities to get everyone engaged and excited.
Team Up (10 minutes) Utilizing a few fun and inter- active “games,” we randomly create small teams. Each team creates a name and cheer for their group.
The Race (1-2 hours) Teams solve clues that lead them to a series of “destinations,” each with a themed challenge. To ensure that everyone stays active the entire time, the event is scored based on how many total points a team achieves before time runs out, not who finishes first.
Destination Clues: Teams solve clues to determine their next destination, then take their “ticket” to the appropriate destination station to receive instructions for their team challenge.
Destination Challenges: When teams “arrive” at their destination, they will complete the challenge they are given there before moving on. These can include brainteasers, trivia, video productions, and a wide variety of hands-on challenges.
Here are a few examples:
- Disc Golf: Flying discs are everywhere as teams attempt to get all the discs into the various targets.
- Photo Shoot: On a remote tropical island teams take a series of hilarious pictures of themselves acting out various jungle scenes.
- World Cup: Teams work together to score above a certain in level in this unique soccer challenge.
- Hole In One: Teams try their hand at a group put- ting challenge to reach a combined score on the golf target shoot.
- Lost City: Teams move objects through a path among the ruins by maneuvering the team labyrinth. Patience and planning are essential!
Scoring (15 minutes) Teams finalize their score sheets and complete their team debrief questions page. Team scores are announced from lowest to highest. Winning team members receive a “trophy” to celebrate their success.
Wrap-Up (5-10 minutes) At the end of the program, the teams come together to share their experiences and the lessons they have learned.
“It was good to get everyone together in a more casual, fun setting to kick off our conference .”