A fun and outrageous, high-energy, indoor team race
that gets people working together to succeed.
Teams solve clues that take them to exotic locations all around the world in this amazing race team building. Once they reach these locations, they will tackle a fun, location-themed challenge as quickly as they can before moving on to their next mission. Unlike many amazing race activities, we’ve designed the event so the winner is the team that finishes with the most points, which keeps everyone engaged right up to the exciting end.
- Practice creative problem-solving and collaboration.
- Learn to utilize the strengths of other team members.
- Improve listening and communication skills.
Welcome & Warm-Ups (5-15 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome participants to their amazing race team building. We then lead some fun activities to get everyone moving and excited.
Team Up (10 minutes, optional) Utilizing a few fun and interactive “games,” we randomly create small teams. Each team creates a name and cheer to use during the amazing race activities.
The Race (1-2 hours) Teams solve clues that lead them to a series of “destinations,” each with a themed challenge. To ensure that everyone stays active the entire time, the event is scored based on how many total points a team achieves before time runs out, not who finishes first.
Destination Clues: Teams solve clues to determine their next destination, then take their “ticket” to the appropriate destination station to receive instructions for their team challenge.
Destination Challenges: When teams “arrive” at their destination, they will complete the challenge they are given there before moving on. These can include brainteasers, trivia, video productions, and a wide variety of hands-on activities.
- Pyramid Power: Teams travel to Egypt to work on these ancient Egypt themed puzzles.
- Photo Shoot: On a remote tropical island, teams take a series of hilarious pictures of themselves acting out various jungle scenes.
- Tower Challenge: Teams build a tower to a mini- mum height using only the materials provided.
- Words of Wisdom: Teams act out a success poster, using quotes from ancient philosophers, and the matching apparel from the age.
- Lost City: Teams move objects through a path among the ruins, using only the team device. Patience and planning are essential!
Scoring (15 minutes) Teams finalize their score sheets and complete their team debrief questions page.
Wrap-Up (5-10 minutes) At the end of the amazing race activities, the teams come together to share their experiences and the lessons they have learned. Then we announce scores from lowest to highest, acknowledge the winning team, and finish with a group photo to remember this fun team building.
“Everyone really enjoyed themselves much more then they had anticipated. We had a few naysayers who ended up having a great time!”