An indoor scavenger hunt that is an exciting journey of discovery through the Georgia aquarium.
Sharks! Whales! Creatures from the deep. All are waiting to be discovered in this fascinating aquarium scavenger hunt at the Georgia Aquarium. Add excitement, fun, competition, and some extra learning to your aquarium visit with our amazing app-driven game that takes your students through a fantastic voyage of fun and camaraderie.
Agenda & Activities
Welcome & Warm-Ups (5-10 minutes) Our staff welcome the participants to their aquarium hunt and get everyone ready for a great event. We then lead some fun warm-up activities that also randomly create small teams.
Team Up! (5-10 minutes) Teams take a few moments to create aquatic-themed team names and slogans to fire up their team spirit and unity.
Event intro (5 minutes) Our fun and professional staff give the group a quick tutorial on the app and the other event components to ensure a smooth start to their indoor scavenger hunt.
The Aquarium Challenge (1-2 hours) Teams use interactive maps in the app and the exhibits themselves to unlock a mixture of challenges. Possible aquarium treasure hunt activities include:
- Video Missions: Teams find the perfect locations to produce mini videos such as “how to survive a shark attack,” “care and treatment of your pet jellyfish” and other site-inspired topics.
- Animal encounters Find one of our facilitators as they roam around to get a team portrait with a famous wildlife celebrity.
- All Natural Trivia: Teams use the app on their devices to scan exhibits to access trivia hotspots. When they do, the timer starts and they have to hurry to find the answers around them before time runs out.
- Photo Missions: Teams attempt to be in the right place at the right time to get the perfect shot of their group.
- Under The Sea: Teams watch brief clips from famous movies and try to identify the movie, actor, or song in the popular movie clip.
- Bio-Logical: This hunt has something for everyone! The more intellectual participants will sink their teeth into this collection of aquatic brainteasers.
Scoring (5 minutes) Teams turn in their materials, and then the final scores are dramatically revealed.
Wrap-Up (15 minutes) We finish by sharing memorable moments from the event and taking a great group picture.
After Party Slideshow If you want to have a more celebrational wrap up, or just run pictures during dinner, we can provide you with a website link so that your team can immediately view photos and videos from your event.