Improve individual and team performance by creating a brain-healthy environment where everyone can succeed.
Unhealthy employees cost companies billions of dollars each year due to high medical costs, low productivity, sick days and turnover. Based on Dr. Amen’s Brain Fit For Work & Life course, your team will learn how to have a more positive workplace, foster innovation and creativity, and decrease sick days, leading to healthier and happier employees.
This program provides a detailed roadmap for building and sustaining a mentally energized, successful workforce. This scientifically engineered course can help your employees and team become mentally stronger, sharper, faster— and become more productive by enhancing their brains and your organization.
- Reduce absenteeism
- Increase productivity
- Improve teamwork and morale
- Enhance creativity and innovation
- Reduce employee turnover
Welcome & Warm-Ups (5-10 minutes) Our certified brain health coach will welcome the group and set expectations for the event. We then lead some fun warm-up activities that get the group moving and ready to learn.
Brain Fit Assessment (10 minutes) Participants take a short assessment that identifies their unique brain type, giving them deeper insights into the best way to support their brain health for a lifetime.
Brain Fit Essentials (3 hours) Through a series of 8 modules, slides, discussion and workbook exercises, the group explores the essentials of brain health, improved thinking, and the prevention of age-related degeneration.
- 1: Fundamentals of Success The health of your brain is your competitive advantage in work and life. Participants will learn 9 foundational principles of optimum brain health that have been identified over Dr. Amen’s 25 years of research and work with tens of thousands of patients.
- 2: Drive Change Most people never learn about their brains, even though they are critically important to everything we do. In this section, we will share 4 important brain systems, what they do, what happens when things go wrong, and suggestions for helping each system. Knowing this information can boost your success.
- 3: Balancing Work and Home Our brains do not function alone! For optimal brain health we should take into consideration the four circles of health and illness: Bio- logical, Psychological, Social and Spiritual.
- 4: Ignite Motivation, Creativity, and Innovation In order to consistently make the right decisions regarding your brain, you need to know why you care about it. In this section, participants identify their own reasons to get healthy. Knowing your motivation is essential to doing the right things for your brain.
- 5: Planting Brain Healthy Habits at Work and Life To make real progress in maximizing our brain health, we need to understand 3 simple concepts:
- 1. You have to really care about your brain.
2. Avoid anything that hurts your brain.
3. Engage in regular brain healthy habits.
- 6: Overcome Negativity: Kill the ANTs One of the most important traits of success is honest, rational thinking. Thoughts lie— they lie a lot— and it is often our uninvestigated negative thoughts that steal our happiness. Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANTs) invade your mind like ants at a picnic. In this powerful exercise, the group will learn effective tools for retraining their brain to be more positive.
- 7: High-Performance Nutrition Your brain is the most expensive real estate in your body. This section covers the essential rules for brain healthy nutrition.
- 8: Brain Optimization for a Lifetime To protect your brain and your life now and into the future and decrease your risk of Alzheimer’s disease and other age-related illnesses, you have to eliminate as many of the risk factors as you can. The good news is that most of these risk factors are either preventable or treatable.
Closing Debrief & Wrap-up Activity (10-15 minutes) The group acknowledges accomplishments of the day and discusses how to incorporate the lessons into their work and life. We end with a fun closing activity and team picture.
“On behalf of the entire management team, thank you for providing us with an informative but fun day.”