A hilarious team building romp that engages creativity and collaboration while teams create a sensational news story.
Teams take on the roll of tabloid reporters as they scour the area for material to create a news story sure to go viral. In order to produce their NON POLITICAL story they, will need to conduct interviews, film background footage, take witty photos of their team (and other teams) and compile a final news story to present to the rest of the group. The teams then vote for the best Breaking News story.
- Practice collaboration and innovation.
- Get to know team mates better while having a great time.
Welcome & Warm-Ups (10 minutes) Our staff welcome the participants and build excitement for the team building activity. We then lead some fun warm-up activities that also randomly create small teams.
Team Up! (5 minutes) Teammates get to know each other and develop a network name and slogans.
Event Intro (5 minutes) Our on-site facilitator introduces the event and reviews the rules and other essential details. Teams review their materials, delegate team member roles, and discuss their strategy for accomplishing all parts of their news story and the corporate scavenger hunt.
News Challenges (45-90 minutes) Our app guides each team through a series of news objectives designed to help prepare their story for “airing.” Possible tasks include:
- Station Identification: Each team designs a creative name and logo for their fictitious news network.
- Topic Selection: Each team selects a category for their story, such as student life, home, health, sports, etc, but NOT politics!
- Research: Using the general public and other participants as their sources, each team will conduct interviews about how people feel about the story they have uncovered.
- Support Material: Teams will take a range of photos that help demonstrate their story, and create additional props that support the angle of their story.
- Video Advertisements: Using their iPads, teams film short infomercials about their network and an ad from a “sponsor.”
- News Trivia: As teams complete the core missions, they will also complete fun news quizzes where they will try to correctly identify which news stories are real and which ones are fake.
Publishing (10-15 minutes) Teams reconvene at the starting area to finalize their stories and upload them.
Viewing (5-15 minutes) Each news story (90 seconds) is viewed and scored by the entire group.
Awards (5 minutes) The top scoring team wins the title of Spin-Master. Other recognitions such as “Most Creative” “Most Outrageous” and other categories can be acknowledged as well.
Wrap-Up (5 minutes) We end the team building activity with a fun closing challenge and a group picture.
After Party Slideshow If you would like a visual wrap-up to your team building activity, or just to run pictures during dinner, we can provide a website link so your team can immediately view photos and videos from your event.
“You are very helpful with excellent customer service. The facilitators ran a tight ship and were encouraging and excited for the event. Thanks again for your time with us!”