Martin Luther King Jr Center Civil Rights Hunt
A fun and intriguing way to learn about the civil rights
movement, and how to use those lessons on a team.
Our Civil Rights Hunt is played at either the Martin Luther King Center or the Civil Rights Museum. There, teams experience a scavenger hunt packed with fun challenges, interactive learning, and applied mission-driven projects. Around the museum, teams open learning modules, followed by short quizzes and interactive challenges that turn ideas into practical skills, all while enjoying the fun photo and trivia challenges. A great way to get a group to engage with some important concepts.
- Expand and utilize the leader’s toolbox.
- Discover personal leadership style and strengths.
- Develop an on-going team improvement system.
Welcome & Warm-Ups (5-10 minutes) Our staff welcome the participants to the museum and get everyone ready for a great experience. We then lead some fun warm-up activities that also randomly create small teams.
Team Up! (5-10 minutes) Teams take a few moments to create a name and slogan for their team, and build some team spirit and unity.
Event intro (5 minutes) Our fun and professional staff give the group a quick tutorial on the app and the other event components to ensure a smooth start.
Hunt Tasks & Leadership Modules (1-2 hours) Teams use the app to explore the museum and unlock leadership challenges. Each challenge includes a module, questions about the content, and leadership games & activities to help participants internalize and practice what they just learned, along with a lot of fun bonus projects.
- GAMES This assortment of fun challenges keeps the group energized and entertained so they stay on task.
- Portrait Missions: Teams do their best to take selfies with exhibits that look like their teammates, reenact famous scenes, or pose with famous objects.
- Locked Trivia: At specific locations, teams use the app to scan exhibits that will unlock trivia challenges about the displays within that area of the museum.
- Curator Challenges: When a team finds a facilitator in the museum, they can accept more involved projects such as historical figure interviews, great day in history reenactments, alternate history headlines, and more.
- Brainteasers: These mental challenges help teams stretch the cognitive muscles used by great leaders.
CONTENT MODULES We help you identify which of our learning module topics are best for your group.
Teamwork Compass® Our 4-quadrant model of what is needed for an effective team, and how everyone has strengths valuable to the team.
Leadership Styles Matrix This powerful insight gives de- veloping leaders a clearer understanding of their how their styles impact the people they lead.
Team Motivation Learn effective strategies for motivating people and helping develop long term commitment.
Group Problem Solving This module gives leaders a system for helping their team find constructive solutions.
Team Coaching A simple but powerful coaching tool to help everyone on the team perform at their best.
Scoring (5 minutes) Teams turn in their materials, and then the final scores are dramatically revealed.
Wrap-Up (5 minutes) We end with a few final thoughts and an awesome group picture.
Post-Event Feedback: After the event, you will receive a report showing the group’s answers to the quiz questions, responses to open-ended questions, and their recorded interactive activities to help you evaluate leadership skills.
“Your company was so great, professional and FUN! Thank you for helping to make this year’s team building activity so memorable.”