Develop essential leadership skills in a fun format that utilizes
gamification to ensure maximum participation and retention.
Utilizing our unique app-based learning system, participants work their way through the leadership course both mentally and physically. Using the app, participants find different hotspots around the room, hotel, or even outdoors. Once a hotspot is found, the app reveals a learning module. Each module is followed by a short quiz and an interactive leadership challenge that helps turn ideas into practiced leadership skills. All this is packaged into a fun format that feels more like a game than a workshop.
Agenda & Activities
Pre-event Planning: Using a brief checklist, you let us know which of our learning module topics are a higher priority for your group.
Welcome & Warm-Ups (5-10 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome the group and set expectations for this unique leadership course. We then lead some fun warm- up activities that get the group moving and ready to fully participate.
Program Intro (5-15 minutes) If the group is using their own devices, we help anyone who has not yet download- ed the app get ready. Then we briefly review how to use our intuitive app, and how the session will flow.
Leadership Modules Individuals and/or teams work through the app-based leadership course. Each module includes a short presentation, questions to test retention, and leadership activities to help participants internalize and practice new ideas. Possible modules include:
- Teamwork Compass® The Teamwork Compass® is a 4 -quadrant model of what is needed for an effective team, and how everyone has strengths in different areas. This simple but powerful tool keeps leaders focused and teams motivated because it covers all of the essentials.
- Leadership Styles Matrix This powerful insight gives participants a clearer understanding of their primary thinking and management style, and how the different styles may impact the people they lead.
- Motivation and Encouragement In this section, leaders learn effective strategies for motivating group members according to their individual styles, ensuring long term commitment.
- Effective Communication This module builds on the Teamwork Compass by exploring the essential elements of effective communication with any thinking style.
- Group Problem Solving A leader doesn’t need to know all the answers, but they do need to know how to get the best solutions from their team. This module gives leaders a system for helping their team stay on track and find constructive solutions.
- Team Coaching Every team will sometimes encounter tough issues, conflicts, and other challenges that need more than traditional problem-solving. Leaders learn simple but powerful coaching skills to help their people overcome personal problems that are impacting their performance on the team.
Closing Debrief & Wrap-up Activity (5-10 minutes) We acknowledge accomplishments of the day and discuss how to use the leadership lessons after the program.
Post-Event Feedback: After the event, you will receive a report with a log of the group’s answers to the quiz questions, responses to open-ended questions, and any recorded interactive leadership activities.