Develop essential teamwork skills in a fun format that utilizes
gamification to ensure maximum participation.
Utilizing our app-based learning system, participants journey through our teamwork skills course both mentally and physically. Using the app, participants find different hotspots around the room, hotel, or even outdoors. Once a hotspot is found, the app reveals a learning module. Each module is followed by a short quiz and an interactive challenge that helps turn ideas into practiced teamwork skills. All this is packaged into a fun format that feels more like scavenger hunt games than a workshop.
Agenda & Activities
Pre-event Planning: Using a brief checklist, you let us know which of our teamwork skills learning module topics are a higher priority for your group.
Welcome & Warm-Ups (5-10 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome the group and set expectations for the event. We then lead some fun warm-up activities that get the group moving and ready to fully participate.
Program Intro (5-15 minutes) If the group is using their own devices, we help anyone who has not yet downloaded the app get ready. Then we briefly review how to use our intuitive app, and how the session will flow.
Teamwork Skills Modules Teams work through the modules in the mobile app. Each module includes a short presentation, questions about the content to test retention, and teamwork activities to help participants internalize and practice what they just learned. Possible modules include:
- Teamwork Compass® The Teamwork Compass® is a 4 -quadrant model of what is needed for an effective team, and how everyone has strengths in different areas. This simple but powerful tool keeps leaders focused and teams motivated because it covers all of the essentials.
- Personal Styles Matrix This powerful insight gives participants a clearer understanding of their primary think- ing and communication style, and how the different styles may impact the people they work with.
- Effective Communication This module builds on the Teamwork Compass by exploring the essential elements of effective communication and active listening skills.
- Code of Honor The group creates a set of guidelines for they will interact in order to ensure high levels of trust, and prevent conflicts as much as possible, and keep those conflicts under control when they do happen.
- Group Problem Solving This module gives teams a system to help them stay on track and find constructive solutions.
- Team Coaching The group rates their current level of teamwork in a few essential areas, and brainstorms a number of ways to improve the areas that are most critical. As a team, they commit to the strategy that they have agreed upon, and to holding each other accountable to that commitment for 30 days.
Closing Debrief & Wrap-up Activity (5-10 minutes) We acknowledge accomplishments of the day and discuss how to use lessons from the teamwork games at work.
Post-Event Feedback: After the event, you will receive a report with a log of the group’s answers to the quiz questions, responses to open-ended questions, and any recorded interactive teamwork activities.