A fun GPS treasure hunt adventure that requires teams
to combine their skills to achieve a common goal.
There’s no stopping to ask for directions in this outdoor treasure hunt! The team is taught how to use a map, GPS, compass and other tools (known as orienteering) in order to find as many hidden sites as they can. Along the way, they have other fun brainteasers, trivia, and photo challenges to tackle, and some facilitated hands-on challenges. Each team sets their own pace, so this event is great for groups with a variety of ages and physical abilities.
Agenda & Activities
Welcome & Warm-Ups (5-10 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome the participants to their GPS treasure hunt and lead some fun warm-up activities.
Team Up! (5-10 minutes) Our last warm-up game also randomly creates small teams. Each team then creates a name and slogan which represent their commitment to success and teamwork.
Event intro (5 minutes) Our staff review the rules and timeline for the program, and provide teams with all the materials they will need for the chase.
GPS Challenge (60-120 minutes) Teams attempt to locate as many of the hidden checkpoints as they can within a set time period. Some checkpoints have additional challenges for teams to earn extra points.
Travel Challenges While searching for the GPS check- points, teams work on these fun treasure hunt challenges:
- Photo Missions: These are fun pictures that teams take of themselves, and sometimes other teams, doing specific things or in certain locations to help stretch their creativity and camaraderie.
- Wilderness Search: Teams search for items from a list, but the descriptions are a bit vague and open to creative interpretation.
- Team Trivia: Participants get to know the people on their team, and on the other teams, a little better.
- Brainteasers: Teams must find hidden locations to find this collection of various mental challenges. Teams complete them to earn extra points as they travel, applying critical & creative thinking.
- Great Outdoors Challenges: Teams have the opportunity to do these outdoor-themed bonus challenges whenever they find our facilitator in the area.
- Checkpoint Challenges: These hands-on challenges are guided by one of our expert facilitators, giving teams a chance to flex their teamwork muscles.
Scoring (15 minutes) Teams reconvene at the starting area, turn in their backpacks and scorecards, and reflect on their most memorable moments.
Wrap-Up (15 minutes) We wrap up the GPS treasure hunt with a fun closing activity and a great group picture.