How many ghosts can your team find using our special app, clues and costumed characters?
The local townspeople used to enjoy the occasional ghost haunting the historic area because they were great for tourism, but now the town has become overrun! In this unique and exciting team treasure hunt event, your group will identify and capture as many of the ghosts as possible. Each team will be issued a packet of historical documents and other clues about the ghosts, where they can be found, and what each one needs to be able to move on to the next life. Each team will also have a ghost detection device (iPad) which can view ghosts invisible to the naked eye.
Agenda & Activities
Welcome & Warm-Ups (10 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome the participants and set expectations for the event. We then lead some fun warm-up activities that also randomly create small teams.
Team Pride (5 minutes) Each team creates a name and team slogan which represent their commitment to successful ghost chasing.
Gear Up! (10 minutes) Our staff members hand out supplies to the teams, and review the rules and timeline for the program. Each team reviews their materials and discusses what their strategy will be for the event.
The Hunt (1-2 hours)
- “Historic” Documents: Each team will receive a packet of letters, journal entries, newspaper clippings, and more related to the town founders and important people. Careful examination can reveal a lot.
- Helpful Spirits: Clues from the documents will lead teams to some spirits that can only be seen using the iPad in just the right location. These spirits will reveal important information about the problem ghosts.
- Historical Landmarks: Teams must determine where to find each ghost by using their detective skills, then visit those historic locations. Places don’t look the same as they used to, so participants must compare their historic maps with modern reality.
- Wandering Poltergeists: These destructive ghosts wander in certain parts of town. Teams get points for solving the clues leading to their locations, and bonus points for catching these sneaky spirits with their iPad.
- Team vs. Team Haunting: Teams are able to send brief “haunts” to other teams’ ghost detection devices to interrupt their progress.
- Ghost Casting-Out Challenges: Once teams have learned what information and artifacts will make a ghost move on, they meet up with the costumed ghost hunter to cast out the ghost.
Scoring (15 minutes) Teams reconvene at the starting area to finalize their scoring and begin working on their teamwork presentations.
Wrap-Up (15 minutes) At the end of the program, the teams all share their experiences and the lessons they have learned. We end with a fun closing activity and a great group picture.