The high-adventure, portable low ropes course for making your team unstoppable.
A Juggernaut is an unstoppable force, and this challenge course is designed to help your team become just that: unstoppable! The focus is on the team supporting each other and making group decisions as they tackle a series of tough challenges designed to stretch their teamwork skills. Mutual support, strategic thinking, group problem solving and lots of communication are necessary to accomplish the tasks. This is the perfect program for teams that want the challenge of a ropes course, but with more focus on teamwork skills.
- Solve problems with team input.
- Appreciate contributions of others.
- Enhance personal and team effectiveness.
Welcome & Warm-Ups (10-15 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome the participants and set expectations and ground rules for the challenge course. We then lead some fun warm-up activities that break the ice and get the group physically and emotionally involved, as well as split them into smaller teams for the teamwork activities, if needed.
The Teamwork Compass® (15-20 minutes) We lead a short interactive conversation about the key ingredients of teamwork, how different team members have a stronger affinity for some of those ingredients, and how to bring them all together to be an unstoppable team. We then use this metaphor of our Teamwork Compass® throughout the program to help the team become familiar with this powerful tool and create a culture of success.
Juggernaut Challenge Course (60-120 minutes) Teams tackle a series of hands-on teamwork activities which require brainstorming, collaboration, planning and creative problem-solving. Here are some examples of the dozens that we have available:
- A-Frame The team transports one person across a specified area while supporting the frame with the hand ropes, building trust and cohesion.
- Swamp Boards The team crosses an area using only the boards provided, a project that calls for leadership and collaboration.
- The Cube The team passes fellow team mates through the cube without anyone touching it, and using a different route each time. Trust, support and good planning are essential here.
- The Amazon The team builds and supports a suspended platform while a team member inches out to the end to retrieve an item from the “river.”
- Object Retrieval One team member retrieves an object from a restricted zone while hanging from a rope supported by the rest of the team. This activity requires precise coordination, cooperation and innovation to succeed.
Closing Debrief & Wrap-up Activity (10-30 minutes) After the teamwork activities, everyone comes together to acknowledge accomplishments of the day and incorporate the teamwork lessons into real life. We wrap up with a meaningful closing activity and team picture.
“Thank you and your team for the challenge activities that you organized for us. The activities were a big hit; we had lots of favorable comments.”