A successful team retreat should be fun and functional: supplying the team with both an opportunity to dig into important issues without distraction, and space to recharge and reconnect. Our fully facilitated retreats provide a powerful framework for team growth, but are flexible enough to incorporate your content and objectives. In this unique program, your leaders will learn powerful tools for ensuring that their teams are focused, purposeful, effective and working together. Leaders will leave the workshop with a detailed action plan for guiding their team through tough challenges, and into an even better result on the other side. Program includes pre and post event reviews with the team leader, team survey and other support. The longer the retreat, the deeper we can go with the team.
Results / Skills / Analytics
Vision / Strategies / Concepts
Systems / Tools / Practice
Culture / Support / Discussions
Pre-event Discovery Any surveys, assessments, or interviews needed for the retreat are conducted 2 – 3 weeks in advance.
Pre-event Consult (30 minutes) The team leader and the facilitator will review the group information, align on outcomes for the event, and cover any other details to ensure a successful program.
Welcome & Warm-Ups (10-15 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome the group and set expectations for the team development day. We then lead some fun warm-up activities that get the group moving and ready to fully participate.
Thinking Styles (30-45 minutes) This is an interactive learning game where participants gain valuable insights into their own thinking and decision-making styles, and how to appreciate and utilize the styles of their team mates. Understanding everyone’s strengths is key to working together effectively. (This segment can be replaced by full personal profiles).
Team Topics (4-5 hours) The group works through a series of exercises and conversations to develop their new approach to teamwork. Modules will be selected based on the needs of your group. Here are some common modules:
- Team Player Traits (30 minutes) Participants engage in a short discussion and interactive exercises to help identify and incorporate the traits of a true team player (such as reliability, initiative, etc.).
- Mission Development (45-60 minutes) The team works through a series of exercises and conversations to develop a mission that is compelling and clearly defined so that each person knows what to do.
- Goal Setting Exercise (45-60 minutes) Participants work through a step-by-step process to develop S.M.A.R.T. goals for the team and themselves.
- Roles & Responsibilities Exercise (30-45 minutes) Each member of the team charts their primary role on the team and the specific responsibilities they have. Everyone then reviews each person’s list in order to clearly define each person’s team function.
- Code Of Conduct Exercise (60-90 minutes) The group works through a series of exercises and conversations to develop a Code of Conduct, a group agreement on how they treat each other, handle conflicts, and work together.
- Action Plans (30-45 minutes) The team develops action plans for reaching their goals and keeping track of their progress.
Final Teamwork Challenge (15-30 minutes each) Teams engage in hands-on activities to immediately practice the agreements developed by the group. The challenges require brainstorming, collaboration, planning, and creative problem-solving as a unit. Specific activities will be presented based on the needs of your team.
Teamwork Review & Wrap-up Activity (5-10 minutes) The team shares their observations about how they performed during the team development day and how to apply those lessons to specific situations at work. We end with a fun but thought provoking activity and a team photo.
Post-event Consult (30 minutes) The team leader and the facilitator review how the group responded to the event, how to maximize the content, and what the leader can do to further support the team.