Teams work to overcome a series of obstacles in order
to build a bike or other toys for kids of wounded soldiers.
This engaging build a bike team building program is full of great team bonding activities. Teams overcome a series of problem-solving challenges to physically retrieve the parts for a child’s bicycle or other toy which they assemble and then donate to a local charity. Bonus challenges let teams earn additional parts or accessories, or help teams that get stuck complete their toys. The challenges are a combination of proven, high energy, problem-solving initiatives and mental challenges. Charity team building helps even the most reserved participants stay engaged, making for great bonding activities.
Agenda & Activities
Welcome & Warm-Ups (20-30 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome the participants and set expectations for the charity team building program. We then lead some fun warm-up activities that also randomly create small teams. Each team creates a name and slogan which rep- resent their commitment to success and teamwork. The teams review the event materials and discuss what their strategy will be for success.
Recovery Challenges (90-120 minutes) Teams attempt to recover the parts to build their bike or other toy by completing a series of six challenges. These are great teamwork challenges, and are accessible to all fitness levels.
- Crane: Teams stretch their creative thinking and problem solving skills to retrieve the toy part from the contaminated area using only the equipment provided.
- Boardwalk: Your team must use planning, trust, and unified effort to retrieve the toy part from the center section of a complex of wooden beams.
- Rat Race: The fumes in this area are so strong that everyone entering it must wear protective eye coverings, and trust their teammates to communicate the proper path while they retrieve the toy part from the infested area.
- Step Lightly: Your team must use the resources available to them to cross toxic sludge safely and retrieve the toy part without touching the ground.
- Secure Transfer: Using the tools provided, careful attention to detail, and a little perseverance, teams transfer toy parts from the contaminated container to safety.
- Swamp Crossing: Your entire team must support each other and work together to cross the snake infested swamp to recover your toy part. Strategy is key!
Accessory Challenges Teams complete additional challenges to earn points for purchasing parts from challenges they were unable to complete, or accessories for their toy.
- Trivia: Teams solve local trivia and trivia about your organization.
- Brainteasers: Teams work on this collection of various brain challenges for extra points as they complete the other activities.
- Facilitator Challenges: Teams perform outrageous bonus challenges that our facilitators must photograph for points to be awarded.
- Assembly (15 minutes) After completing the team bonding activities, it’s time to build a bike (or toy)!
Group Presentation Prep Optional (15 min.) All teams come together to share their experiences and lessons in short, entertaining presentations. Always a lot of fun!
Toy Acceptance (5 minutes) When available, a representative from the charity shares where the toys are going, and thanks the group for their efforts.
Wrap-Up (5 minutes) We end with a group picture with the toys to remember this fun charity team building day.