Goals / Skills / Analytical
Vision / Strategies / Conceptual
Systems / Tools / Organizational
Culture / Support / Relational
Agenda & Activities
Resilience Assessment Participants take a short assessment that identifies their level of resilience and how it impacts their performance and well-being.
Pre-event Consult (30 minutes) The team leader and facilitator review group information, align on outcomes for the event, and discuss other details to ensure a successful program.
Intro Teamwork Challenge (10-20 minutes) We jump right into the program with a thought-provoking activity that gets the group engaged and thinking about what they want to get out of the workshop.
Goal Setting (10 minutes) Participants identify areas where stress limits their success and what work and life could be like if they had greater resilience and positivity.
Understanding the Survival Brain (30 minutes) This brief over- view explains how the survival brain works, why it is essential, and how it is often inadvertently triggered, causing many of the problems that leaders face.
Stress-Spotter Exercise (20-30 minutes) Participants identify their unique sabotage patterns, when those patterns are most active, and how to understand the real message behind them.
Resilience Muscles (30 minutes) The group learns techniques to help them develop more resilience, allowing them to handle stress better and be more positive in any situation.
Sage Leadership (45-60 minutes) This series of exercises expands leaders’ ability to respond to any with more positivity, focus, and long-term solutions. They apply these steps immediately to a current situation. Those skills are:
- Empathy: the ability to see and care about ourselves and others regardless beyond the challenge.
- Exploration: the open-minded discovery of contributing factors without becoming critical or defensive.
- Innovation: the creative process of discovering many positive ways to deal with a situation, allowing for a greater sense of positivity.
- Navigation: making healthy, long-term decisions on how to move forward, knowing that we are meeting our goals, accomplishing our mission, doing things the right way, and taking care of others.
- Activation: implement steps that ensure good outcomes. Anticipation: planning positive responses to the inevitable challenges that will arise along the way.
Closing Debrief & Wrap-up Activity (10-15 minutes) The group acknowledges the day’s accomplishments and discusses how to incorporate the lessons into their work and life.
Post-event Consult (30 minutes) The team leader and the facilitator review how the group responded to the event, how to maximize the content, and what the leader can do to further support the team.
Virtual Group Follow-up (45-60 minutes) A virtual follow-up session approximately one month after the event to review resilience concepts, answer questions about stress management, and discuss action plans.