A full day team development process that builds
true teamwork and a more cohesive team.
Sometimes teams need to get away from the office for a while and take a good look at where they’re going and what they need to do to get there. For this team development workshop, Atlanta Challenge creates a custom agenda designed around what your team needs to do to improve performance and morale. We then guide your team through a proven framework to develop their own plan for being more successful than ever.
- Clearly identify each person’s roles and responsibilities on the team.
- Create a powerful code of conduct that directs the team’s behavior.
- Define (or update) a clear and compelling mission for the team.
- Master a conflict resolution process that builds relationships.
Welcome & Warm-Ups (10-15 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome the group and set expectations for the team development day. We then lead some fun warm-up activities that get the group moving and ready to fully participate.
Individual Strengths Exercise (30-45 minutes) This is an interactive learning game where participants gain valuable insights into their own thinking and decision-making styles, and how to appreciate and utilize the styles of their team mates. Understanding everyone’s strengths is key to working together effectively. This segment can be re- placed by full personal profiles (see “About the Whole Brain Personal Profiles”).
Team Tune-Up Topics (4-5 hours) The group works through a series of exercises and conversations to develop their new approach to teamwork. Modules will be selected based on the needs of your group.
Here are some common modules:
- Mission Development (45-60 minutes) The team works through a series of exercises and conversations to develop a mission that is compelling and clearly defined so that each person knows what to do.
- Goal Setting Exercise (45-60 minutes) Participants work through a step-by-step process to develop S.M.A.R.T. goals for the team and themselves.
- Team Player Traits (30 minutes) Participants engage in a short discussion and interactive exercises to help identify and incorporate the traits of a true team player (such as reliability, initiative, etc.).
- Roles & Responsibilities Exercise (30-45 minutes) Each member of the team charts their primary role on the team and the specific responsibilities they have. Everyone then reviews each person’s list in order to clearly define each person’s team function.
- Code Of Conduct Exercise (60-90 minutes) The group works through a series of exercises and conversations to develop a Code of Conduct, a group agreement on how they treat each other, handle conflicts, and work together.
- Action Plans (30-45 minutes) The team develops action plans for reaching their goals and keeping track of their progress.
Final Teamwork Challenge (15-30 minutes each) Teams engage in hands-on activities to immediately practice the agreements developed by the group. The challenges re- quire brainstorming, collaboration, planning, and creative problem-solving as a unit. Specific activities will be presented based on the needs of your team.
Teamwork Review & Wrap-up Activity (5-10 minutes) The team shares their observations about how they performed during the team development day and how to apply those lessons to specific situations at work. We end with a fun but thought provoking activity and a team photo.
“I am sure we will refer back to the exercise many times this year as we face many challenges growing our business.”