Sometimes teams need to get away from the office for a while and take a good look at where they’re going and what they need to do to get there. For this team development workshop, Atlanta Challenge creates a custom agenda designed around what your team needs to do to improve performance and morale. We then guide your team through a proven frame-work to develop their tailored plan for being more successful than ever.
Results / Skills / Analytics
Vision / Strategies / Concepts
Systems / Tools / Practice
Culture / Support / Discussions
Agenda & Activities
Team Inventory Survey Before the program, each participant will evaluate the team’s attributes and blind spots.
Thinking Styles Assessment (20 minutes) Before the program, each participant completes an assessment that identifies their unique thinking preferences.
Pre-event Consult (30 minutes) The team leader and the facilitator review the group information and align on outcomes to ensure a successful program.
Welcome & Warm-Ups (10-15 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome the group and set expectations for the team development day. We then lead some fun warm-up activities that get the group moving and ready to participate fully.
Individual Thinking Styles Exercise (30-45 minutes) This is an interactive learning game where participants gain valuable insights into their own thinking and decision-making styles and how to appreciate and utilize those of their teammates. Understanding everyone’s strengths is key to working together effectively. Full personal profiles can replace this segment (see “About the Whole Brain Personal Profiles”).
Team Tune-Up Topics (4-5 hours) The group works through a series of exercises and conversations to develop their new approach to teamwork. Modules are selected based on the needs of your group.
- Mission Development (45-60 minutes) The team works through a series of exercises and conversations to develop a compelling and clearly defined mission so that each person knows what to do.
- Roles & Responsibilities Exercise (30-45 minutes) Each team member charts their primary role on the team and their specific responsibilities. Everyone then reviews each person’s list to define each person’s team function clearly.
- Goal Setting Exercise (45-60 minutes) Participants work through a step-by-step process to develop S.M.A.R.T. goals for the team and themselves.
- Team Player Traits (30 minutes) Participants engage in a short discussion and interactive exercises to help identify and incorporate the traits of a true team player (such as reliability, initiative, etc.).
- Code Of Conduct Exercise (60-90 minutes) The group works through a series of exercises and conversations to develop a Code of Conduct, a group agreement on how they treat each other, handle conflicts, and work together.
- Action Plans (30-45 minutes) The team develops action plans for reaching their goals and keeping track of their progress.
Final Teamwork Challenge (15-30 minutes each) Teams engage in hands-on activities to immediately practice the agreements developed by the group. The challenges require brainstorming, collaboration, planning, and creative problem-solving as a unit. Specific activities will be selected based on the needs of your team.
Teamwork Review & Wrap-up Activity (5-10 minutes) The team shares their observations about how they performed during the team development day and how to apply those lessons to specific situations at work. We end with a fun but thought- provoking activity and a team photo.
Post-event Leader Consult (20-30 minutes) The program facilitator will talk with the team leader to share insights and suggestions for maintaining momentum afterward.
Virtual Group Follow-up (45-60 minutes) Approximately one month after the event, your facilitator will host a virtual follow- up session to review key concepts, answer questions, discuss best practices, and assist with creating action plans.