An engaging mix of trivia, music, and hands-on
challenges in a fun and competitive format.
This lively team competition gets groups thinking and laughing together. Working in table-teams of 6-10 people, teams try to earn the highest score by correctly answering a wide range of trivia questions, competing in special challenges, and solving brainteasers. We make the program challenging, but keep it light enough that everyone can relax, get involved, and have a good time.
Agenda & Activities
Welcome & Warm-Ups (5 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome the participants and give a quick overview of the event. We then lead some fun warm-up activities that also randomly create small teams.
Team-Up (5-10 minutes) If the group is not already split into teams, we conduct a fun, light-activity game to randomly sort participants into teams.
Introduction & Instructions (5 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff explain the rules for the game, and facilitators distribute answer sheets and other program materials to every team. Each team selects a secretary to write their answers.
The Game (1-2 hours) The group works within their table- teams to earn the highest score by answering a series of trivia questions, solving team challenges, and deciphering brainteasers.
Sample on-screen challenges:
- Trivia Round: Teams are given 5 seconds per question to come up with their answers, and 30 seconds at the end of the 10-question series, giving them a chance to strategize how they will get the best answers.
- Music Round: Teams try to name the artist and/or song title performed in the 5 second sample.
- Photo Round: Teams correctly identify the item, person or place in the slideshow, but the pictures can be tricky, and they are not displayed for very long.
- How Many?: Teams guess the correct amount of items in a picture, earning points based on how close their answers are.
Sample table-top games:
- Scramble: Teams are given a packet of cards with one word on each card. They race against the clock to create as many compound words as they can.
- Show Me: Like a scavenger hunt, but backwards. The MC calls out an item and each team scrambles to find that item within their team, then runs to show it to the MC or an assistant.
- Sugar Rush: Teams answer questions about popular candy brands, but rather than earn points, they are immediately showered with candy when they answer correctly. Always a great grand finale to the event.
Scoring & Prizes (5 minutes) We announce team scores from bottom to top, recognize the winning team and hand out prizes if made available by client.
Wrap-Up (2 minutes) A thank-you to the group, team picture if appropriate, and any announcements the group needs before breaking.