In this team development “TV show,” teams transform themselves from a struggling group to a high performing world-class team.
Experience the thrill of your own TV spin-off in this exciting soft skills program. Guided by our on-site facilitators and our award winning app, teams will produce a before and after presentation showing the transformative powers of the Teamwork Compass®. Teams can choose from various styles such sportscast, house flip, restaurant rescue, intervention, Makeover, etc. This is a more approachable way to tackle team development topics that be intense for students, or used as a fun way to kick off a new chapter in a team.
- Practice collaboration and innovation.
- Develop a team charter and identity that fosters success.
- Get to know team mates better while building morale & camaraderie.
Welcome & Warm-Ups (10-15 minutes) Our staff welcome the participants and build excitement for the team development activity. We then lead some fun warm-up activities that also randomly create small teams.
Team Up! (5-10 minutes) Teammates get to know each other and develop team names and slogans.
Event Intro (5-10 minutes) Our on-site facilitator introduces the event, and goes over the rules and other essential details. Teams review their materials, delegate team member roles, and discuss their strategy for producing their transformation show.
Transformation Content Our app guides teams through a series of exercises and points-driven quizzes that help identify the potential pitfalls of a struggling team and the strengths of a great team:
- Teamwork Compass® The Teamwork Compass® is a 4 -quadrant model of what is needed for an effective team, and how everyone has strengths in different areas.
- Effective Communication This module builds on the Teamwork Compass by exploring the essential elements of effective communication and active listening skills.
- Code of Honor The group creates a set of guidelines for how they will interact in order to ensure high levels of trust and prevent conflicts.
- Group Problem Solving This module gives teams a system to help them stay on track and find constructive solutions.
Transformation Show Each team will pick the format and style for their transformation show, and will then create the various ingredients in the app.
- Before: A short scene showing what the team was like before they knew better, and the consequences of that level of performance.
- Intervention: In a fun and over-the-top way, teams show how their coach/mentor/guide/advisor wakes them up, points out the issues, and pushes them to peak performance.
- After: The “big reveal” of the results of their team development—what the team looks and acts like now, why they are committed to this level of performance, and what the results are from operating at this level.
- Photo Challenges: These are fun thematic pictures teams take for extra points along the way.
- Bonus Challenges: Additional trivia and other extra point teamwork challenges pop up in the app. These can be custom built* for your organization to review important content, or to build awareness.
Scoring & Voting (10 minutes) Teams reconvene, finalize their own scoring, and vote for their favorite presentation.
Review (5-10 minutes) We discuss lessons learned during the program and ideas for implementing best practices in real life.
Wrap-Up (10-15 minutes) We end with a fun closing activity and a group picture.
“I wanted to thank you so much for an incredible experience which you provided our students. We all loved our time together so much and I believe real camaraderie and teamwork was instilled in our students.”