Welcome & Warm-Ups (5-10 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome the participants and lead some fun warm-up activities to get the group fully engaged.
Event Intro (5 minutes) Our staff explain the rules for the event and distribute materials to the teams.
First Team Up (5 minutes) Participants take a moment to get to know their teammates better. Between each challenge, everyone moves to a new team, allowing for maxi- mum networking in the group. A short get-to-know-you segment precedes each activity.
Group Challenges (45-90 minutes) Participants rotate through a series of challenges they complete with a different team each challenge. Each challenge contributes to the participants’ individual score sheets. We provide a range of challenge styles so that everyone has an opportunity to shine. Final activities are based on group size, time allowed, and venue.
Sample activities include:
- Reaching New Heights Teams build the tallest tower they can, using a limited supply of unlikely construction materials.
- Bridging The Gap Teams work in two groups to connect a bridge, but they are on opposite sides of a screen. They must communicate in order to get their bridges to meet perfectly in the middle.
- Hitting The Numbers Teams must successfully transport “customers” using only the resources given. Some “customers” have more value than others, but greater consequences for failure.
- Shape Up Teams are given sets of puzzle pieces and matching outlines. But the people assembling the puzzles must rely on instructions from their team mates.
- Customer Capture Each team is given a bag full of everyday office items. They must construct a device capable of catching a raw egg dropped from a height of 8 feet. Each item is assigned a cost, and teams are given a budget and deadline that they must stay under.
- Catapult To Success Teams are given materials for constructing a working catapult. They will need to strategize which design will best to accomplish their goal of reaching their quota.
Scoring & Winner Announcements (5-10 minutes) Individual score cards are tallied, and we announce the high scoring participants.
Wrap-Up (5 minutes) We end with a few final words and a group picture.