Explore Zoo Atlanta or Centennial Park in a fun paper-based teamwork scavenger hunt.
Teams put on their thinking caps and their walking shoes in order to outsmart their competition in this fun and fast-paced team building scavenger hunt. Your team will solve puzzles, take pictures of themselves doing outrageous things, decipher codes, find secret locations, and face off against other teams in mini challenges while they work cohesively as a team in our longest running Atlanta scavenger hunt.
Agenda & Activities
Welcome & Warm-Ups (25-10 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome the participants and lead some fun warm-up activities.
Team Up! (5-10 minutes) Our last warm-up game also randomly creates small teams. Each team then creates a name and slogan which represent their commitment to success and teamwork.
Event intro (5 minutes) Our staff review the rules and timeline for the program, and hand out any sup- plies the teams need.
The Hunt (1-2 hours) Teams complete as many scavenger hunt activities as they can before time runs out. Challenges include:
- Photo Missions: These are fun pictures that teams take of themselves, and sometimes other teams, doing specific things or in certain locations to help stretch their creativity and their camaraderie.
- Trivia: Teams answer trivia questions about the local area and/or your organization, giving everyone a chance to see what their team mates know.
- Brainteasers: Teams work on this collection of various mental challenges for extra points as they travel. Participants apply critical & creative thinking, and plan how to fit the extra projects into existing schedules.
- Landmarks: Teams receive a page full of pictures that are close-ups of various landmarks in the hunt
- zone. They receive points for those they find and correctly identify.
- Facilitator Challenges: Teams have the opportunity to do these bonus challenges whenever they find an Atlanta Challenge facilitator in the hunt area.
- Rendezvous Challenges: These team-against- team challenges take place at a scheduled time and a secret location.
Scoring (15 minutes) Teams reconvene at the starting area to finalize their scoring and begin working on their teamwork presentations.
Wrap-Up (15 minutes) At the end of the program, the teams all come together to share their experiences and the lessons they have learned. We end with a fun closing activity and a great group picture.