Teams walk, solve clues, overcome challenges,
have fun and get to know each other better.
Teams put on their thinking caps and their walking shoes in order to outsmart their competition in this fun and fast-paced program. Your team will solve puzzles, take pictures of themselves doing outrageous things, decipher codes, find secret locations and face off against other teams in mini challenges while they work cohesively as a team in a high-energy, fun way.
Agenda & Activities
Welcome & Warm-Ups (10-20 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome the participants and set expectations for the event. We then lead some fun warm-up activities that also randomly create small teams.
Team Pride (5-10 minutes) Each team creates a name and slogan which represent their commitment to success and teamwork. Colored bandanas are provided.
Introduction (5 minutes) Our staff members hand out supplies to the teams (cameras, radios, clipboards, etc.) and explain the rules and timeline for the program. Each team reviews their materials and discusses what their strategy will be for the event.
The Hunt (1-2 hours)
- Photo Missions: These are fun pictures that teams take of themselves, and sometimes other teams, doing specific things or in certain locations to help stretch their creativity and their camaraderie.
- Trivia: Teams answer trivia questions about the local area and/or your school or organization, giving everyone a chance to see what their team mates know.
- Brainteasers: Teams work on this collection of various mental challenges for extra points as they travel. Participants apply critical & creative thinking, and plan how to fit the these projects into their timeline.
- Landmarks: Teams receive a page full of pictures that are close-ups of various landmarks in the hunt zone and try to find and correctly identify them.
- Facilitator Challenges: Teams have the opportunity to do these bonus challenges whenever they find an Atlanta Challenge facilitator in the hunt area.
- Rendezvous Challenges: These challenges take place at a scheduled time at a secret location revealed through clues.
Scoring (15 minutes) Teams reconvene at the starting area to add up their scores and begin working on their teamwork presentations.
Wrap-Up (15 minutes) At the end of the program, the teams all come together to share their experiences and the lessons they have learned. We end with a fun closing activity and a great group picture.