Develop your team’s ability to innovate and collaborate
while they brainstorm their way to group success.
In this innovation training workshop, teams bring together the practical skills of problem solving with creative, out-of-the-box thinking, utilizing the wisdom of great thinkers and inventors such as Leonardo DaVinci, Benjamin Franklin and Steve Jobs. Teams are tasked with innovation projects that combine practical and creative criteria, requiring them to draw from the strengths of everyone on the team. The focus of these projects can be on marketplace innovation or improving internal processes.
- Master a powerful group brainstorming technique to enhance innova- tion.
- Learn to utilize the strengths of each team member.
- Improve coordination of effort.
Welcome & Warm-Ups (20-30 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome the participants and set expectations for the innovation training. A few fun warm-up activities are presented to get the group moving and involved.
Intro Challenge (15-30 minutes) We jump right into the program with a thought provoking team activity that requires ideas and input from the entire group to solve. This gets the group engaged and thinking about what they want to get out of the program.
Individual Thinking Styles Exercise (30-45 minutes) Everyone is creative, just in different ways. This engaging activity helps participants identify what their creative qualities are, and how they can be an helpful part of the team innovation process.
Team Brainstorming (30-45 minutes) Our facilitator leads a group discussion on what it takes to be creative AND effective, utilizing the techniques of great thinkers & inventors. Teams also explore brainstorming in a group setting to get the best ideas from every member.
Team Creations (60-120 minutes) Teams are presented with a series of challenges requiring them to innovate unique solutions that meet high standards. Teams are provided with a variety of materials to use, giving them plenty of room to brainstorm their own distinctive outcomes. We have a wide range of projects available depending on your goals, group size and available space. We work with you to determine the best options. Most groups will do 2-4 different projects. Here are a few examples:
- Perpetual Motion Each group tries to make a contraption that will stay in motion for the longest amount of time without any human intervention.
- Play The Game Teams take on the role of board game designers and must design, construct, and promote an actual, playable board game. Teams then play and rate each others creations, and give feedback on their creativity and quality.
- Best Practices Teams sit out of sight of each other. The first team must construct the most effective device from kits that contain far more than they need, and then relay verbal instructions to the next team on how to make the same device. End results are compared. This problem solving game illustrates team dynamics, creative problem solving and effective communication in action.
Team Review (15-30 minutes) We wrap up the innovation training by having the team discuss specific workplace applications for the innovation process.
Wrap-up Activity We end with a fun, but thought provoking, activity and a team picture with the group posing with their innovative creations.
“Thank you for facilitating our team building day. You did a great job!! Also, thank you for providing additional tools and resources that we can continue to use. I will definitely let you know if additional services or resources are needed. Thanks for everything!”