A unique kind of treasure hunt, where teams
earn cash to shop for items for people in need.
Teams put on their thinking caps and their walking shoes in order to make a difference in this fun and fast-paced service program. Your team will solve puzzles, take pictures of themselves doing outrageous things, decipher codes, find secret locations and face off against other teams in mini challenges, while they work cohesively as a team in a high- energy, fun way. The more points they earn, the more cash they get to purchase items for local children in need. Teams do the shopping and packing for items for the backpacks, gift bags or Christmas stockings.
Agenda & Activities
Welcome & Warm-Ups (5-10 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome the participants and lead some fun warm-up activities.
Team Up! (5-10 minutes) Our last warm-up game also randomly creates small teams. Each team then creates a name and slogan which represent their commitment to success and teamwork.
Event intro (5 minutes) Our staff review the rules and timeline for the program, and hand out any supplies the teams need.
The Hunt (1-2 hours)
- Photo Missions: These are fun pictures that teams take of themselves, and sometimes other teams, doing specific things or in certain locations to help stretch their creativity and their camaraderie.
- Trivia: Teams answer trivia questions about the local area and/or your organization, giving everyone a chance to see what their team mates know.
- Brainteasers: Teams work on a collection of various mental challenges for extra points as they travel. Participants apply critical & creative thinking, and plan how to fit the extra projects into existing schedules.
- Facilitator Challenges: Teams have the opportunity to do these bonus challenges whenever they find an Atlanta Challenge facilitator in the hunt area.
- Rendezvous Challenges: These challenges take place at a scheduled time at a secret location, so teams must decode the clues that will lead them there.
Scoring (15 minutes) Teams meet at a rendezvous location to turn in their scores and get their shopping money and shopping list.
Treasure Gathering (30 minutes) Teams take the cash they have earned and go to nearby stores to purchase items for their care package. They will need to be well organized and motivated to find the best deals in order to stretch their budget as far as they can, and find everything they need in time.
Assembly (15 minutes) Teams reconvene to assemble their gift bags and begin working on their team highlights.
Wrap-Up (10 minutes) At the end of the program the teams share their experiences and the lessons they have learned. We end with a fun closing activity and a great group picture.