Virtual Murder Mystery
A fun app-based remote activity that gets teams interacting with each other as they solve a mysterious crime.
This interactive virtual team building activity gets attendees using technology to develop relationships by interacting with as many people as possible. They will “meet” people in our live video conference room as they work to solve clues and complete bonus challenges. In order to win, a team will need to solve the murder mystery AND earn as many bonus points as they can. But each team has different clues and information, so they will need to work with other teams to successfully solve the mystery.
- Fully engage event attendees.
- Ensure networking between participants.
- Get to know team mates better while building morale & camaraderie.
Welcome & Warm-Ups (2 minutes) Our staff welcome the participants and lead some fun virtual warm-up activities to get everyone ready to go.
App Orientation (5 minutes) We provide everyone with instructions for downloading the app and how to play the game in their teams.
Someone Dies! (3 minutes) Our fun animated scene gives everyone an introduction to the characters, and then they witness the crime that needs to be solved.
Team Up! (1 minute) We split the group into teams of 5-6 people and send them to private breakout rooms.
The Mystery! (60-90 minutes) Teams earn points by solving the mystery, and completing tasks in the mobile app.
- Mystery Sleuthing: Each team is given several clues to help them solve the mystery, but each team has different clues, so they will need to network effectively to piece it all together.
- Photo Missions: These are fun shots that teams take of themselves to help them get to know each other and have some fun. All photos are put in a gallery for everyone after the event.
- Video Challenge: Teams will produce a new jingle for the fictious company where the crime happens. Teams then vote for the best jingle during our jingle show down.
Solved (5 minutes) Your host dramatically reveals all of the evidence and clues, eliminating suspects until our true villain remains.
Scores (1 minute) We share the points earned by each team and announce our winning team.
Wrap-Up (2 minutes) A quick review of some of the best photos taken during the event to finish on a high note.
The team really enjoyed their experience and I’m sure we’d like to do it again at another time. Thanks for making photos available to us! They will be awesome additions to the photo album for this meeting!