Frequently Asked Questions About Atlanta Challenge Programs
At this time, we hold team building events for pre-existing groups, including corporate/business groups of employees or executives, organizations, college groups, high school and middle school students and sports teams.
In 2018, we will hold a few open-to-the-public, open registration programs in connection with special events. These will be perfect for individuals, couples, families, and small groups. Please watch our Facebook page, local advertising (like Groupon), or join our mailing list for details as they become available.
Depending on the nature of the special need or disability, we can find one or more programs that will allow your team members with special needs to participate fully. The selection of outdoor programs will be more limited than indoor ones, because so many of our outdoor events involve movement through natural environments.
All of the above! While the majority of our programs are for corporate groups, we also do a large number of events each year for students and other groups.
We do team building programs all over the Atlanta metro area and throughout Georgia. If you still have a few hours before your event, contact your group’s event coordinator (usually someone at your company) to get directions to your event location.
If you are on your way to a team building and can’t find the directions that your group’s event coordinator sent out, give us a call at 404-848-1001 and we can help. Please let us know your organization, the time you are supposed to meet, and the event coordinator if you know it. We often have multiple events happening on the same day.
We have events suitable for adults of all ages, and some programs that work very well for students as young as 5th grade. If your group is a mix of adults and youth, we have programs suitable for that as well. Just let us know when you contact us and our our head facilitator will suggest programs that are the best fit for your needs.
We work with groups as small as 6 people, up to groups of 800 participants or more.
We provide team building events for pre-existing groups of 5 – 800 or more people. We work with any kind of adult groups, college students, high school students, and middle schoolers as young as 5th grade. We also have a limited number of programs we can do for mixed-age groups that include a few younger children. Please call us for details.
Each event listed in our packets has a rate chart at the bottom of the first page. To calculate what the total would be, just multiply the number of people in your group times the appropriate rate. For standard events taking place in metro Atlanta, there are NO additional charges, fees or taxes. The only time there would be a different rate would be if you wanted some extra customizing to your event, or your location is outside the metro Atlanta area.
When it comes to comfort, this is how we deal with inclement weather: A few days before your event, we look at the weather forecast with you. As long as there is no severe weather predicted, we offer your group 3 options at that point:
- Run your outdoor program as scheduled. Participants should plan to bring rain gear (for cold: warm coats, gloves and hats; for heat: lots of water) in case the weather does turn out less than optimal.
- Choose an alternate indoor program to run instead, with no penalty or fee change. Your group would be responsible for having indoor space arranged. This can be at your office, a park pavilion (unless the concern is cold weather), or any other adequate indoor space in metro Atlanta. Before you arrange space, please let us know what indoor program you are planning to use as backup so we can sent you space and room set-up requirements.
- Reschedule your program to a different date with a 25% reschedule fee.
Your group’s safety is our top priority. If there is severe weather that causes safety concerns on short notice (ice, thunderstorms, tornado watch), we will never run an outdoor program.
Atlanta Challenge is proud to have customer-friendly cancellation policies compared to other event companies.
- If the guest organization cancels more than three weeks before the event date, there will be no fee for the program, and any deposit made will be refunded, less a $100 processing fee.
- If the guest organization cancels 14-21 days before the event date, the guest organization will pay 50% of the total event rate, but that amount may be applied to a future program if scheduled within 6 months.
- If the guest organization cancels 7–14 days before the event date, the guest organization will pay 50% of the total event rate. If a deposit has been paid, the deposit will be non-refundable.
- If the guest organization cancels 3-7 days prior to the event date, the entire amount of the program is due, however, 50% of the amount may be applied to a future program if scheduled within 6 months.
- If the guest organization cancels within 48 hours of the event 100% of the amount is due.
Atlanta Challenge tries to make scheduling and paying for your team building event as easy as possible. Toward that end, we:
- Reserve your date based on an agreement, not when payment is received.
- Prefer to receive payment before the date of your event, but are flexible in accomodating your organization’s policies, such as net 30.
- Accept checks, credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, and American Express) and purchase orders, as well as ACH payment if that is your company’s preferred way to issue payment.
Still have questions? Contact us and we will do what we can to work with your AP department’s policies.
Scheduling a Team Building
Yes, yes, and yes. We hold team building events when you need them to happen for your schedule. If you are looking for a Monday morning event to kick off a week of meetings, we do that. If you need an after-hours event for social gathering, we do that. If you want to have your team building program on a Saturday or Sunday, we will be there. We will work with your schedule.
This depends on a couple of factors: the flexibility of your event day and time, and how busy we are. If it is our slow season (November – March), we can prepare and staff events with as little as a few business days’ notice in most cases, if necessary. In our busy season (April – October) it is best to schedule your event at least 2-3 weeks in advance, more if you have a specific date and time that the team building program must take place, or if your event will require a larger number of our staff to attend (groups of 100 and up). When in doubt, call us at 404-848-1001, and we will do what we can to accomodate your event.
Anywhere you need us to be! We have found that most of our clients want us to bring their team building event to the location where their group will already be. Most of our programs can be brought to to the location of your choice: hotels, corporate offices, local parks, school campuses, and more. A few of our programs, such as teamwork hunts and Expedition, have set locations that your group must travel to. We will be sure to let you know before you make a decision! If you are not sure where you would like to have your Atlanta Challenge team building event, ask! We can suggest locations based on the type of experience you would like to have.
Since we are locally owned and operated in Atlanta, most of our programs are in the metro Atlanta area. However, we also frequently bring events to other locations in Georgia, and sometimes travel to provide team building programs in other parts of the U.S. See more about our team building locations and service area here.
Team Building Event Details
Atlanta Challenge team building events are fully facilitated. We will transport the event materials to the location, set-up the equipment, run warm-up games, facilitate the activities during the program, run the wrap-up activities and discussion where applicable, and clean up all of our materials so we leave the space just as we found it. Please note that “fully-facilitated” does have slightly different meaning for different programs. If you are not sure what we will do for a specific event, consult the event description or give us a call!
It depends. AV is essential for some of our programs, but we design many of our events to not need AV so participants get a break from looking at a Powerpoint. This is especially true of small group events. Please contact our office to confirm what types of AV, if any, are needed for your program.
We provide everything needed to run your event, including facilitation! What is included depends on the type of event.
All programs include:
- Full facilitation.
- Event supplies, setup, and take down.
Many programs include:
- Downloadable event photos
- Team bandanas (competitive programs)
Charity events also include:
- Items to be donated.
- Coordination with our partner charity.
- Delivery of donated items.
Workshop events also include:
- Handouts, hard copy
- Handouts, PDF
Website & Technical Help
If something is not working properly on our website, we’re sorry! Sometimes technology glitches happen, and we appreciate you letting us know.
To report a website problem, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A description of the problem you encountered.
- The URL of the page.
- The device/operating system you are using.
- The browser you are using.
It may appear that the links to our PDF info sheets and guides are not working. This is due to a change in how the browser treats PDFs. The files are still being downloaded, they are just not opening automatically. You can always right-click the cover or link for a PDF, select “Save Target As…” and choose where to save the file.
If you prefer to find where files are that have already been downloaded, here is how to find them:
If Internet Explorer does not open PDFs automatically, they are saved to a download folder. There are 2 ways to find this folder. The most reliable is to open your file manager, and look on your hard drive under “Users,” then your main user folder (often your name), then “Downloads.”
If you download many files, the Downloads folder may be found under “Favorites” in the file manager:
If you are using Firefox and it seems that nothing happens when you click a PDF link, the file is most likely being downloaded. In Firefox, you can access these recently downloaded files right from the browser window. Just click the arrow (it will often be blue if you just downloaded something) in the upper right corner of your browser.
For instructions on how to set Firefox to always open PDFs or always offer an option instead of automatically downloading them, visit this link: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/view-pdf-files-firefox-without-downloading-them