Title – Team Building Facilitator
Reports To – Head Facilitator
Hours – Full-time
Our job is to help groups develop teamwork while having FUN, and we need your help! Atlanta Challenge, LLC is looking for an upbeat, knowledgeable, full-time facilitator to lead group activities, debrief conversations, and help pack and prep events. You will fit right into this position if you are an experienced facilitator with a background in leading group activities and debriefing conversations, have a large repertoire of activities, and a professional appearance.
- Lead activities relevant to the team-building event.
- Lead entire small-group programs, using our agenda and outline.
- Conduct face-to-face group conversations and debrief sessions.
- Perform “support” activities such as transporting, loading, and unloading props and equipment.
- Prepare equipment for programs and use a list to pack the appropriate props.
- Pack accurate kits of materials for specific events.
- Set up event equipment and activities as specified.
- Clean and stow away equipment at the end of each session.
- Maintain organization of event props and equipment.
- Facilitate a variety of indoor and outdoor team-building events, from middle school events to corporate groups.
- Maintain a general upbeat demeanor and a professional appearance.
- Undergo specialized training as designated by the lead facilitator in order to successfully facilitate specific programs in our repertoire.
- Perform any other job functions as needed.
Work Days/Times: Work will be on weekdays, up to 40 hours per week. Some client events may be in the evening, and hours will be adjusted accordingly. Depending on events scheduled, some days may have more than 8 hours of work, offset by other days with fewer or no hours. Non-event days are used for event prep and cleanup, and have flexible hours that can be negotiated.
Travel: Will require driving to programs multiple days per week, in addition to event prep at the office. Nearly all of our events are in the Atlanta area. A few events per month may require driving to other parts of Georgia.
Working Conditions: A mix of indoors and outdoors. Events require standing and walking up to 100% of the time. Event prep is a mix of seated, standing, lifting, and carrying sometimes heavy objects. Outdoor events in the summer can be very warm, and often in full sun. Noise levels may range from quiet to moderately noisy. Atlanta Challenges utilizes a variety of uniquely shaped props and equipment as part of the team building experience. Some of these props include long boards, bungee cords, ropes, large panels, etc.
- Education: High school diploma/GED, or higher
- Certifications: Current First Aid / CPR
- Work Experience: 3+ years of team building facilitation experience, preferably in: debriefing, small group activities, camp and/or ropes course activities. Experience with leading adult and youth groups in outdoor and indoor environments preferred.
- Comfortable leading a group in both activities and conversation.
- Friendly, upbeat demeanor.
- Able to monitor participant safety.
- Able to maintain organization of event materials and equipment.
- Able to complete event preparation tasks without oversight, after training.
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of ages (from middle school to adult), group types, and atmospheres (outdoor “woodsy” programs, to scavenger hunts, to professional corporate events).
- Must meet physical demands listed below.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Applicants must:
- Transport, carry and position equipment weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
- Move across and traverse differing terrains with ease.
- Operate, use, inspect, and position the team-building equipment.
- Detect and inspect equipment, terrain and environment for safety concerns.
Salary & Benefits:
- $25k-$30k per year.
- Most common holidays are automatic vacation (Thanksgiving Day & Black Friday, Christmas Eve & Day [with flexible remote hours between Christmas & New Year], Memorial Day, Labor Day, Independence Day).
- Medical insurance after 90 days.
- IRA eligibility & matching after 2 years.
Interested? Send us your resume here.