A series of mentally challenging, hands-on leadership
activities to test and build leadership skills.
This program gives new or experienced leaders an opportunity to enhance their leadership skills. Participants experience the Teamwork Compass®, a powerful tool that helps leaders understand the four foundational elements of a successful team. They then work through a series of hands -on leadership activities that help them see how much more effectively a team can operate when using these key attributes. With the guidance of our expert facilitators, participants then discuss how this impacts their own leadership style and approach.
- Understand the fundamental qualities of a team.
- Enhance leadership skills.
- Practice communicating ideas and solutions.
Welcome & Warm-Ups (10-15 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome participants and set expectations and ground rules for the leadership activities. We then lead some fun warm-up challenges that break the ice and get the group physically and emotionally involved, as well as split them into smaller groups for the event if needed.
The Teamwork Compass® (15-20 minutes) We lead a short interactive conversation about the key ingredients of teamwork, how different team members have a stronger affinity for some of those ingredients, and how a leader can bring them all together to be an unstoppable team. We then use this metaphor throughout the program to help the group become familiar with this powerful tool for successful leadership.
The Quest (60-120 minutes) Participants tackle a series of hands-on leadership activities which require brainstorming, collaboration, planning, and creative problem-solving. Here are some examples of the dozens that we have available. The activities are selected by your facilitator to fit your group.
- Bull Ring In this activity, participants must transport a ball from the top of a stake to another stake which is about 30 feet away. Half the group are “managers” and half the group are “workers”. The managers have a limited amount of time to coach the workers to accomplish this task. This initiative focuses on quality control, communication, and effective problem solving.
- Corporate Connection In this challenge, every per- son in the group must be directed by the leaders through a maze within the designated time. All participants must find the path to the other side through trial and error. The leader’s job is to ensure that the team learns from their mistakes, and “fails forward.”
- Raising the Bar The group will attempt to collaboratively lower a pole to the ground, without blaming each other for the odd behavior of the pole. A great lesson in team focus, and group dynamics.
Closing Debrief & Wrap-up Activity (5-15 minutes) The group comes together to acknowledge accomplishments and incorporate refined leadership skills into real life. We wrap up with a meaningful closing activity and team photo.
“We had a really good time and accomplished a lot. I suspect we will work with you guys again in the future.”