A series of mentally challenging, hands-on teamwork
activities to test and build your team’s character.
This is the perfect program for groups that want to fine-tune their teamwork skills and help the group bond as a team. We begin with the Teamwork Compass®, a powerful tool that helps participants understand the four foundational elements of a successful team. Participants then work through a series of hands-on teamwork activities that help them see how much more effectively a team can operate when using these key attributes. The group discusses how these ideas can be applied to real-world situations the team is facing.
- Understand the fundamental qualities of a team.
- Enhance teamwork skills.
- Practice communicating ideas and solutions.
Welcome & Warm-Ups (10-15 minutes) Atlanta Challenge staff welcome participants and set expectations and ground rules for the day’s events. We then lead some fun warm-up activities that break the ice and get the group physically and emotionally involved, as well as split them into smaller teams for the event if needed.
The Teamwork Compass® (15-20 minutes) We lead a short interactive conversation about the key ingredients of teamwork, how different team members have a stronger affinity for some of those ingredients, and how to bring them all together to be an unstoppable team. We then use this metaphor throughout the program to help the team become familiar with this powerful tool and create a culture of success.
The Quest (60-120 minutes) Groups tackle a series of hands-on teamwork activities which require brainstorming, collaboration, planning, and creative problem-solving. Here are some examples of the dozens that we have available. Activities done by each group are selected by our expert facilitators to fit your group.
- Bull Ring In this activity, participants must transport a ball from the top of a stake to another stake which is about 30 feet away. Here’s the tricky part – no one can touch the stake or the ball. Your team will have a very limited amount of time to accomplish this task. This initiative will focus on quality control, communication, and effective problem solving.
- Corporate Connection In this challenge, every per- son on your team must go through a maze within the designated time. All participants must find the path to the other side through trial and error. Of course, there are a few stipulations. The object is for the team to learn from each other’s “successes” and focus on effective problem solving and communication.
- Raising the Bar All of your team members will reach new heights during this quick initiative. Everyone must maintain contact with the helium hoop and simply low- er it to the ground using only their forefingers. Sound easy? Give it a try! This initiative will test your teams’ ability to work together and focus on the task “on hand.”
Closing Debrief & Wrap-up Activity (5-15 minutes) The group comes together to acknowledge accomplishments of the day and incorporate their enhanced teamwork skills into real life. We wrap up with a meaningful closing activity and team picture.
“We loved our event! We gained so much and everyone is so excited to put what we've learned into practice.”